On September 24 and 25, 2020 the annual Rubber Conference will take place, organized by the Swedish Institute of Rubber Technology. This year the conference will be held online.
Meet there our Regulatory Affairs Manager Dr Ioan Paraschiv!
He will give an online presentation on FCM regulations.
By attending his presentation "Food Contact Materials and Articles compliance in the US, Germany and China - key regulatory aspects" you will learn:
- What regulations apply to FCMs you are interested in, including plastics, paper, cardboard, adhesives, (can) coatings, etc. in the above mentioned regions?
- Which substances have already been approved by the US FDA under 21 CFR § 174-186, the BfR recommendations and the current Chinese GB standards?
- The individual steps for a Food Contact Notification (FCN), for an application for inclusion of a new FCM substance in the German BfR positive lists and for an application to the National Health Commission (NHC) in China
- the steps for a Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Notice with the US FDA
- Which migration test conditions are to be applied (with case study examples)
- How to perform a worst case calculation (WCC) in the absence of experimental or theoretical (modelling) migration data
- The specifications for certain key-listed FCM substances in relation to their specific migration limit (SML)
- The most important steps in the risk assessment of migration of FCS from an FCM or food contact article into food
- How to demonstrate the conformity of food contact applications
More information about the conference. The conference programme will be published soon.
Please feel free to contact Dr. Ioan Paraschiv for any further questions regarding FCM.